Monday, January 21, 2013

Chicago- A Food Tour


Flying to Chicago was an adventure. It began with a greyhound bus where I was snored on by the fellow next to me and was followed by being smelled by police drug dogs, getting patted down by TSA, and having lost a button. The dog and police officers were kind and the security woman was apologetic about having to pat me down.
                For the first leg of the flight the captain made his greeting announcement over the intercom and kindly asked “that everyone stay in their seats with their seat belts fastened for the flight,” to which a two year old a row up from me piped up “OK!” Which was pretty cute. 
               I got to catch up with one of my best friends from high school and what I originally thought would just be hanging out and catching up turned into the most delicious, intoxicating, and exhausting food tour of my life. We of course got to do the standard Chicago things- The Art Institute of Chicago,  The Bean, Picasso sculptures, seeing Wrigley Field, etc, but the majority of the trip was really about food. I was only in Chicago for 3 days, but in that time I sampled more types of alcoholic beverages than I have in probably the last three years combined. 
              While in Chicago I also ate more types of food in that small time slot than I could ever hope to find in restaurants here at home. It was a blast. More info to come about what I ate, where you can find it, and what I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment